One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Association between treatment with brachytherapy vs whole-breast irradiation and subsequent mastectomy, complications, and survival among older women with invasive breast cancer.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1827-1837
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation using brachytherapy for breast cancer: patterns in utilization and guideline concordance.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012; 104: 29-41
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation consensus statement from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74: 987-1001
- Lumpectomy plus tamoxifen with or without irradiation in women 70 years of age or older with early breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 971-977
- Local excision alone without irradiation for ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: a trial of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 5319-5324
- Reducing bias in a propensity score matched-pair sample using greedy matching techniques.in: Proceedings of the Twenty-Sixth Annual SAS Users Group International Conference. SAS Institute, Cary, NC2001: 214-226
- Effectiveness of radiation for prevention of mastectomy in older breast cancer patients treated with conservative surgery.Cancer. 2012; 118: 4642-4651
- Assessing the impact of a cooperative group trial on breast cancer care in the Medicare population.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 1601-1607
- Long-term results of wide-field brachytherapy as the sole method of radiation therapy after segmental mastectomy for T(is,1,2) breast cancer.Am J Surg. 2000; 180: 299-304
- Twelve-year clinical outcomes and patterns of failure with accelerated partial breast irradiation versus whole-breast irradiation: results of a matched-pair analysis.Radiother Oncol. 2011; 100: 210-214
- Breast-conserving treatment with partial or whole breast irradiation for low-risk invasive breast carcinoma—5-year results of a randomized trial.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: 694-702
- Differences in effective target volume between various techniques of accelerated partial breast irradiation.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 82: 30-36
- How do the ASTRO consensus statement guidelines for the application of accelerated partial breast irradiation fit intraoperative radiotherapy? A retrospective analysis of patients treated at the European Institute of Oncology.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 83: 806-813
- Outcome after ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence in patients who receive accelerated partial breast irradiation.Cancer. 2012; 118: 4126-4131
- Patient selection for accelerated partial-breast irradiation (APBI) after breast-conserving surgery: recommendations of the Groupe Europeen de Curietherapie-European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (GEC-ESTRO) breast cancer working group based on clinical evidence (2009).Radiother Oncol. 2010; 94: 264-273
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation: an updated report from the American Brachytherapy Society.Brachytherapy. 2003; 2: 124-130
Consensus Statement for Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation. Available at: https://www.breastsurgeons.org/statements/PDF_Statements/APBI.pdf. Accessed August 31, 2012.
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation: 5-year results of the German-Austrian multicenter phase II trial using interstitial multicatheter brachytherapy alone after breast-conserving surgery.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 80: 17-24
- Targeted intraoperative radiotherapy versus whole breast radiotherapy for breast cancer (TARGIT-A trial): an international, prospective, randomised, non-inferiority phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2010; 376: 91-102
This work was supported by several sources, including research grants from Varian Medical Systems ( SR2011-00034954RG 01 ), the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas ( RP101207 ), and the National Cancer Institute (grants CA16672 and T32CA77050 ). The funding sources played no role in any aspect of this study, including no role in data collection, analysis, or interpretation; trial design; patient recruitment; writing of the manuscript; or the decision to submit it for publication. None of the authors were paid to write the manuscript.
Conflict of interest: none.