Methods and Materials
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Long-term results of the M. D. Anderson randomized dose-escalation trial for prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 70: 67-74
- Dose-response in radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer: Results of the Dutch multicenter randomized phase III trial comparing 68 Gy of radiotherapy with 78 Gy.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 1990-1996
- Comparison of conventional-dose vs high-dose conformal radiation therapy in clinically localized adenocarcinoma of the prostate: A randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2005; 294: 1233-1239
- Fractionation and protraction for radiotherapy of prostate carcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1999; 43: 1095-1101
- Direct evidence that prostate tumors show high sensitivity to fractionation (low alpha/beta ratio), similar to late-responding normal tissue.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 52: 6-13
- Is alpha/beta for prostate tumors really low?.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 50: 1021-1031
- A simple analytic derivation suggests that prostate cancer alpha/beta ratio is low.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 51: 213-214
- Less is more: Will hypofractionated radiotherapy negatively affect cancer centers or be a Godsend in the new health care environment?.Oncology (Williston Park). 2012; 26: 522-523
- Patient costs associated with external beam radiotherapy treatment for localized prostate cancer: The benefits of hypofractionated over conventionally fractionated radiotherapy.Can J Urol. 2012; 19: 6165-6169
- Toxicity criteria of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) and the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1995; 31: 1341-1346
- The American Urological Association symptom index for benign prostatic hyperplasia. The Measurement Committee of the American Urological Association.J Urol. 1992; 148 (discussion 1564): 1549-1557
- Fractionation and late rectal toxicity.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2004; 60: 1013-1015
- Estimation of alpha/beta for late rectal toxicity based on RTOG 94-06.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 81: 600-605
- Functional outcomes and complications following radiation therapy for prostate cancer: A critical analysis of the literature.Eur Urol. 2012; 61: 112-127
NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Prostate cancer V2.2013. Available at NCCN.org. Accessed June 26, 2013.
- Systematic review of hypofractionated radiation therapy for prostate cancer.Cancer Treat Rev. 2013; 39: 728-736
- Hypofractionation for prostate cancer.Cancer J. 2009; 15: 1-6
- Hypofractionation for prostate cancer: A critical review.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2008; 18: 41-47
- Randomized trial of hypofractionated external-beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 3860-3868
- Hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiotherapy (70 Gy at 2.5 Gy per fraction) for localized prostate cancer: Long-term outcomes.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 63: 1463-1468
- Hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiotherapy (70 Gy at 2.5 Gy per fraction) for localized prostate cancer: Cleveland Clinic experience.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 68: 1424-1430
- Radiation dose-volume effects in radiation-induced rectal injury.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: S123-S129
- External beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer: Urinary outcomes for men with high International Prostate Symptom Scores (IPSS).Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 80: 1080-1086
- The impact of pretreatment prostate volume on severe acute genitourinary toxicity in prostate cancer patients treated with intensity-modulated radiation therapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 79: 379-384
- Predictors for chronic urinary toxicity after the treatment of prostate cancer with adaptive three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy: Dose-volume analysis of a phase II dose-escalation study.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: 1100-1109
- Long term tolerance of high dose three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy in patients with localized prostate carcinoma.Cancer. 1999; 85: 2460-2468
- Complications from radiotherapy dose escalation in prostate cancer: Preliminary results of a randomized trial.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 48: 635-642
- Estimation of the incidence of late bladder and rectum complications after high-dose (70-78 GY) conformal radiotherapy for prostate cancer, using dose-volume histograms.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1998; 41: 83-92
Dr Hoffman and Dr Voong contributed equally to this article.
Conflict of interest: none.