One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lumpectomy compared with lumpectomy and radiation therapy for the treatment of intraductal breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 1993; 328: 1581-1586
- Prevention of invasive breast cancer in women with ductal carcinoma in situ.Semin Oncol. 2001; 28: 400-418
- Radiotherapy in breast-conserving treatment for ductal carcinoma in situ.Lancet. 2000; 355: 528-533
- Trends in the treatment of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004; 96: 443-448
- An argument against routine use of radiotherapy for ductal carcinoma in situ.Oncology (Huntingt). 2003; 17: 1511-1533
- Application of the van nuys prognostic index in a retrospective series of 367 ductal carcinomas in situ of the breast examined by serial macroscopic sectioning.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2000; 61: 151-159
- The influence of margin width on local control of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast.N Engl J Med. 1999; 340: 1455-1461
- The prognostic significance of multiple morphologic features and biologic markers in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast.Cancer. 2004; 100: 2317-2327
- Prospective study of wide excision alone for carcinoma in situ of the breast.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 1031-1036
Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER). About SEER. National Cancer Institute. Available at: http://www.seer.cancer.gov/about/. [Last accessed: January 8, 2005].
- Age at diagnosis and outcome for women with ductal carcinoma-in-situ of the breast.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 2736-2744
- Characteristics associated with recurrence among women with ductal carcinoma in situ treated by lumpectomy.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003; 95: 1692-1702
- Mammographically detected duct carcinoma in situ. Frequency of local recurrence following tylectomy and prognostic effect of nuclear grade on local recurrence.Cancer. 1989; 63: 618-624
- Radiotherapy and tamoxifen in women with completely excised ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.Lancet. 2003; 362: 95-102
- The certainties and the uncertainties of ductal carcinoma in situ.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004; 96: 424-425
- Re.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004; 96 (author reply 1259–1260): 1257
- Re.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004; 96 (author reply 1259–1260): 1258-1259
- Geographic variation in the treatment of localized breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 1992; 326: 1097-1101
- Geographic variation in the use of breast-conserving treatment for breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 1992; 326: 1102-1107
- Treatment differences and other prognostic factors related to breast cancer survival. Delivery systems and medical outcomes.Jama. 1994; 271: 1163-1168
- Geographical differences in primary therapy for early-stage breast cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2001; 8: 844-849
- Patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in two Canadian provinces.Cmaj. 1997; 156: 25-35
- The management of ductal carcinoma in situ in North America and Europe. Results of a survey.Cancer. 2004; 101: 1958-1967
- Patterns of breast carcinoma treatment in older women.Cancer. 2000; 89: 561-573
- Patient involvement in surgery treatment decisions for breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 5526-5533
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). NCCN/ACS Treatment Guidelines for Patients. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/patients/patient_gls.asp. [Last accessed: January 8, 2005].
- The Consensus Conference on the Treatment of in situ Ductal Carcinoma of the Breast, 22–25 April 1999.Breast. 2000; 9: 177-186
- Standard for the management of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast (DCIS).CA Cancer J Clin. 2002; 52: 256-276
Radition Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG). Numeric Listing of Active Protocols. Available at: http://www.rtog.org/members/numericactive.html. [Last accessed: January 8, 2005]
Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG). Available at: http://ecog.dfci.harvard.edu/. [Last accessed: January 8, 2005].
- Validity of cancer registry data for measuring the quality of breast cancer care.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002; 94: 835-844
Supported by National Institutes of Health/National Institute of General Medical Sciences Medical Scientist Training Grant GM07205 (to G.L.S.), and by an American Society of Clinical Oncology Young Investigator Award (to B.D.S.).