Methods and Materials
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Short-term androgen deprivation and radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancer: Results from the Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group 96.01 randomised controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2005; 6: 841-850
- Short-term neoadjuvant androgen deprivation therapy and external-beam radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancer: Long-term results of RTOG 8610.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 585-591
- Long-term results with immediate androgen suppression and external irradiation in patients with locally advanced prostate cancer (an EORTC study): A phase III randomised trial.Lancet. 2002; 360: 103-106
- Androgen suppression adjuvant to definitive radiotherapy in prostate carcinoma—Long-term results of phase III RTOG 85-31.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 61: 1285-1290
- Phase III trial of long-term adjuvant androgen deprivation after neoadjuvant hormonal cytoreduction and radiotherapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the prostate: The Radiation Therapy Oncology Group protocol 92-02.J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 3972-3978
- 6-Month androgen suppression plus radiation therapy vs radiation therapy alone for patients with clinically localized prostate cancer: A randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2004; 292: 821-827
- Influence of androgen suppression therapy for prostate cancer on the frequency and timing of fatal myocardial infarctions.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 2420-2425
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease during androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 4448-4456
- Androgen deprivation therapy for localized prostate cancer and the risk of cardiovascular mortality.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007; 99: 1516-1524
- Randomized, prospective, controlled study comparing radical prostatectomy alone and neoadjuvant androgen withdrawal in the treatment of localized prostate cancer.J Urol. 1996; 156: 873-877
- Downstaging of localized prostate cancer by neoadjuvant therapy with flutamide and Lupron: The first controlled and randomized trial.Clin Invest Med. 1993; 16: 499-509
- Randomized prospective study comparing radical prostatectomy alone versus radical prostatectomy preceded by androgen blockade in clinical stage B2 (T2bNxM0) prostate cancer.J Urol. 1995; 154: 424-428
- TNM classification of malignant tumours.5th ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York1997
- Biochemical outcome after radical prostatectomy, external beam radiation therapy, or interstitial radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancer.JAMA. 1998; 280: 969-974
- Report of a multicenter Canadian phase III randomized trial of 3 months vs. 8 months neoadjuvant androgen deprivation before standard-dose radiotherapy for clinically localized prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2004; 60: 15-23
- Defining biochemical failure following radiotherapy with or without hormonal therapy in men with clinically localized prostate cancer: recommendations of the RTOG-ASTRO Phoenix Consensus Conference.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 65: 965-974
- Biochemical and pathological effects of 8 months of neoadjuvant androgen withdrawal therapy before radical prostatectomy in patients with clinically confined prostate cancer.J Urol. 1996; 155: 213-219
- Randomized comparative study of 3 versus 8-month neoadjuvant hormonal therapy before radical prostatectomy: Biochemical and pathological effects.J Urol. 2001; 166: 500-507
- Prostate cancer radiation dose response: Results of the M.D. Anderson phase III randomized trial.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 53: 1097-1105
- Phase III Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) trial 86-10 of androgen deprivation adjuvant to definitive radiotherapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the prostate.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 50: 1243-1252
- Concomitant and adjuvant androgen deprivation (ADT) with external beam irradiation (RT) for locally advanced prostate cancer: 6 months versus 3 years ADT—Results of the randomized EORTC Phase III trial 22961.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 5014
- Phase III pilot study of dose escalation using conformal radiotherapy in prostate cancer: PSA control and side effects.Br J Cancer. 2005; 92: 488-498
- Impact of supplemental external beam radiotherapy and/or androgen deprivation therapy on biochemical outcome after permanent prostate brachytherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 61: 32-43
- Examining the role of neoadjuvant androgen deprivation in patients undergoing prostate brachytherapy.J Clin Oncol. 2000; 18: 1187-1192
- Role of hormonal therapy in the management of intermediate- to high-risk prostate cancer treated with permanent radioactive seed implantation.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 52: 444-452
- Impact of short course hormonal therapy on overall and cancer-specific survival after permanent prostate brachytherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 61: 1299-1305
- Neoadjuvant hormone therapy and external beam radiation for localized prostate cancer: Vancouver Island Cancer Centre experience.Can J Urol. 2000; 7: 937-943
Supported by AstraZeneca and Schering-Plough.
Conflict of interest: none.