Methods and Materials
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2008.CA Cancer J Clin. 2008; 58: 71-96
- Pretreatment nomogram for prostate-specific antigen recurrence after radical prostatectomy or external-beam radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancer.J Clin Oncol. 1999; 17: 168-173
- Androgen suppression adjuvant to definitive radiotherapy in prostate carcinoma—Long-term results of phase III RTOG 85-31.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 61: 1285-1290
- Improved survival in patients with locally advanced prostate cancer treated with radiotherapy and goserelin.N Engl J Med. 1997; 337: 295-300
- Long-term results with immediate androgen suppression and external irradiation in patients with locally advanced prostate cancer (an EORTC study): A phase III randomized trial.Lancet. 2002; 360: 103-106
- A phase III trial of long term adjuvant androgen suppression following neoadjuvant hormonal cytoreduction and radiotherapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the prostate: The RTOG protocol 92-02.J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 3972-3978
- Ten-year follow-up of a phase III trial of the duration of elective androgen deprivation in locally advanced prostate cancer: RTOG 92-02.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 2497-2504
- Phase II trial of oral estramustine, oral etoposide, and intravenous paclitaxel in hormone-refractory prostate cancer.J Clin Oncol. 1999; 17: 1664-1671
- Toxicity criteria of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) and the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1995; 31: 1341-1346
- A phase II trial of estramustine and etoposide in hormone refractory prostate cancer: A Southwest Oncology Group trial (SWOG 9407).Prostate. 2001; 46: 257-261
- Phase II trial of paclitaxel, estramustine, etoposide, and carboplatin in the treatment of patients with hormone-refractory prostate carcinoma.Cancer. 2003; 98: 269-276
- Weekly paclitaxel, estramustine phosphate, and oral etoposide in the treatment of hormone-refractory prostate carcinoma.Cancer. 2003; 98: 2192-2198
- Phase II randomized trial of weekly paclitaxel with or without estramustine phosphate in progressive, metastatic, hormone-refractory prostate cancer.Clin Prostate Cancer. 2004; 3: 104-111
- Addition of estramustine to chemotherapy and survival of patients with castration-refractory prostate cancer: A meta-analysis of individual patient data.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 994-1000
- Randomization reveals unexpected acute leukemias in Southwest Oncology Group prostate cancer trial.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 1532-1536
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1502-1512
- Escalated-dose versus standard-dose conformal radiotherapy in prostate cancer: First results from the MRC RTO1 randomised controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 475-487
- Long-term results of the M.D. Anderson randomized dose-escalation trial for prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 70: 67-74
Supported by Grants RTOG U10 CA21661, CCOP U10 CA 37422, and Stat U10 CA32115 from the National Cancer Institute.
Presented in part at the 47th Annual Meeting of American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, October 17, 2005, Denver, CO.
Conflict of interest: none.