Methods and Materials
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Available from: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/levels-evidence-adult-treatment. Accessed June 27, 2008.
- Adjuvant radiotherapy following radical prostatectomy: Results and complications.J Urol. 1986; 135: 65-68
- Postoperative radiotherapy for patients with carcinoma of the prostate undergoing radical prostatectomy with positive surgical margins, seminal vesicle involvement and/or penetration through the capsule.J Urol. 1987; 138: 1407-1412
- Surgery with adjuvant irradiation in patients with pathologic stage C adenocarcinoma of the prostate.Cancer. 1995; 76: 1621-1628
- Postoperative radiotherapy for stage pT3 carcinoma of the prostate: Improved local control.J Urol. 1996; 155: 1983-1986
- Postradical prostatectomy irradiation in carcinoma of the prostate: ACR Appropriateness Criteria.Radiology. 2000; 215: 1419-1439
- Improved biochemical outcome with adjuvant radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer with poor pathologic features.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 61: 714-724
- Long-term benefits of elective radiotherapy after prostatectomy for patients with positive surgical margins.J Urol. 2006; 175: 2097-2102
- Postoperative radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy: A randomised controlled trial (EORTC trial 22911).Lancet. 2005; 366: 572-578
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for pathologically advanced prostate cancer: A randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2006; 296 (2329-2325)
Wiegel T, Störkel S, Bottke D, et al. pT3 prostate cancer: Phase III study of adjuvant radiotherapy versus wait and see: Impact of pathologic review on analysis. Presented at 43th Annual ASCO Meeting, June 1–5, 2007, Chicago, IL.
- Patients at high risk of progression after radical prostatectomy: Do they all benefit from immediate post-operative irradiation? (EORTC trial 22911).Eur J Cancer. 2005; 41: 2662-2672
- Identification of patients with prostate cancer who benefit from immediate postoperative radiotherapy: EORTC 22911.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 4178-4186
- Predominant treatment failure in postprostatectomy patients is local: Analysis of patterns of treatment failure in SWOG 8794.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 2225-2229
- Adjuvant radiation therapy does not cause urinary incontinence after radical prostatectomy: Results of a prospective randomized study.J Urol. 1998; 159: 164-166
- Adjuvant and salvage radiation therapy after radical prostatectomy for adenocarcinoma of the prostate.Radiother Oncol. 2001; 59: 51-60
- Long-term results of radiation therapy for prostate cancer recurrence following radical prostatectomy.J Urol. 1998; 59: 173-178
- Impact of postprostatectomy prostate-specific antigen nadir on outcomes following salvage radiotherapy.Urology. 1998; 51: 998-1002
- Radiotherapy for isolated serum prostate specific antigen elevation after prostatectomy for prostate cancer.J Urol. 2000; 163: 845-850
- Radiotherapy for a rising prostate-specific antigen after radical prostatectomy: The first 10 years.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 48: 369-375
- Prediction of response to salvage radiation therapy in patients with prostate cancer recurrence after radical prostatectomy.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 1030-1039
- Salvage radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy for prostate adenocarcinoma: Analysis of efficacy and prognostic factors.Urology. 2002; 59: 726-731
- Adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003; 56: 755-763
- Salvage radiotherapy for isolated prostate specific antigen increase after radical prostatectomy: Evaluation of prognostic factors and creation of a prognostic scoring system.J Urol. 2006; 176: 985-990
- Biochemical disease-free survival following adjuvant and salvage irradiation after radical prostatectomy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 54: 1047-1054
- Long term results of three-dimensional conformal adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy.Urology. 2003; 62: 93-98
- Salvage radiotherapy for biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy: A study of 62 patients.Urology. 2003; 62: 503-507
- Comparison of adjuvant versus salvage radiotherapy policies for postprostatectomy radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2004; 59: 329-340
- Salvage radiation therapy for prostate specific antigen progression following radical prostatectomy: 10-year outcome estimates.J Urol. 2005; 174: 1282-1286
- Prostate specific antigen doubling time subsequent to radical prostatectomy as a prognosticator of outcome following salvage radiotherapy.J Urol. 2004; 172: 2244-2248
- Long-term salvage radiotherapy outcome after radical prostatectomy and relapse predictors.J Urol. 2005; 174: 2204-2208
- Salvage radiotherapy for recurrent prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy.JAMA. 2004; 291: 1325-1332
- Predicting the outcome of salvage radiation therapy for recurrent prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 2035-2041
- Long term results and predictive factors of three dimensional conformal salvage radiotherapy for biochemical relapse after prostatectomy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 67: 1411-1417
- Guidelines for target volume definition in post-operative radiotherapy for prostate cancer, on behalf of the EORTC Radiation Oncology Group.Radiother Oncol. 2007; 84: 121-127
- Endorectal MRI assessment of local relapse after surgery for prostate cancer: A model to define treatment field guidelines for adjuvant radiotherapy in patients at high risk for local failure.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 67: 356-361
- Anatomic boundaries of the clinical target volume (prostate bed) after radical prostatectomy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: 1090-1099
- Improved outcomes with higher doses for salvage radiotherapy after prostatectomy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 71: 23-27
- Radiotherapy after prostatectomy: Is the evidence for dose escalation out there?.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 71: 346-350
- Radiotherapy after prostatectomy: Improved biochemical relapse-free survival with whole pelvic compared with prostate bed only for high risk patients.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: 54-61
- Limited efficacy of salvage radiotherapy for biopsy confirmed or clinically palpable local recurrence of prostate carcinoma after surgery.Radiother Oncol. 2005; 74: 163-167
- Salvage radiotherapy for palpable locally recurrent prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2004; 58: 1530-1535
- Eligibility and outcomes reporting guidelines for clinical trials for patients in the state of a rising prostate specific antigen: Recommendations from the Prostate Specific Antigen Working Group.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 22: 537-556
- Defining biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy: A proposal for a standardized definition.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 3973-3978
- Role of postoperative radiotherapy after lymphadenectomy and radical retropubic prostatectomy: A single institute experience of 415 patients.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2004; 59: 674-683
- Postprostatectomy adjuvant versus salvage radiotherapy: A complication-adjusted number-needed-to-treat analysis.Cancer. 2005; 103: 1833-1842
- RADICALS (Radiotherapy and Androgen Deprivation in Combination after Local Surgery).Clin Oncol. 2007; 19: 167-171
- The impact of a negative (111.indium-capromab pendetide scan before salvage radiotherapy.J Urol. 2006; 175: 1668-1672
- 111Indium-capromab pendetide in the evaluation of patients with residual or recurrent prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy.J Urol. 1998; 159: 2041-2047
- Long-term follow-up of 111In-capromab pendetide (ProstaScint) scan as pre-treatment assessment in patients who undergo salvage radiotherapy for rising prostate-specific antigen after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 67: 834-840
- Indium-111- capromab pendetide radioimmunoscintigraphy and prognosis for durable biochemical response to salvage radiation therapy in men after failed prostatectomy.J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 1715-1721
- The role of 111Indium-capromab pendetide imaging for assessing biochemical failure after radical prostatectomy.J Urol. 2004; 172: 133-136
- Salvage radiotherapy after prostatectomy biochemical failure: Does pre-treatment radioimmunoscintigraphy help select patients with locally confined disease?.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 71: 1316-1321
- Detection of lymph node metastases with integrated 11C choline PET/CT in patients with PSA failure after radical retropubic prostatectomy: Results confirmed by open pelvic retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy.Eur Urol. 2007; 52: 423-429
- Suspected local recurrence after radical prostatectomy: Endorectal coil imaging.Radiology. 2004; 231: 379-385
- Role of dynamic contrast enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and proton MR spectroscopic imaging in the detection of local recurrence after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer.Eur Urol. 2008; 54: 589-600
- Biomarkers for prostate cancer detection.J Urol. 2007; 178: 2252-2259
- Challenges of cancer biomarker profiling.Eur Urol. 2007; 52: 1601-1609
- Androgen suppression adjuvant to definitive radiotherapy in prostate carcinoma—Long-term results of phase III RTOG 85-31.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 61: 1285-1290
- Does androgen suppression enhance the efficacy of postoperative radiotherapy? A secondary analysis of RTOG 85-31.Urology. 1999; 54: 495-502
- Effect of combined transient androgen deprivation and irradiation following radical prostatectomy for prostatic cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1998; 41: 735-740
RTOG trial 0011: Phase III randomized study of adjuvant therapy for high risk pT2-3N0 prostate cancer. Available from: http://www.rtog.org/. Accessed June 27, 2008.
- Radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy: Does transient androgen suppression improve outcomes?.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2004; 59: 341-347
- Neoadjuvant hormone therapy before salvage radiotherapy for an increasing post-radical prostatectomy serum prostate specific antigen level.J Urol. 2003; 170: 447-450
RTOG trial 9601: A phase III trial of radiation therapy with or without Casodex in patients with PSA elevation following radical prostatectomy for pT3N0 carcinoma of the prostate. Available from: http://www.rtog.org/. Accessed June 27, 2008.
RTOG trial 0534: A phase III trial of short term androgen deprivation with pelvic lymph node or prostate only radiotherapy (SPORT) in prostate cancer patients with a rising PSA after radical prostatectomy. Available from: http://www.rtog.org/. Accessed June 27, 2008.
GETUG 16 trial: Phase III randomized study of adjuvant radiotherapy with versus without concurrent goserelin in patients who have undergone surgery for recurrent or refractory prostate cancer. Available from: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials. Accessed June 27, 2008.
Conflict of interest: none.