Methods and Materials
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
National Comprehensive Cancer Network Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology™. Hepatobiliary Cancers. Version 2.2008. Available from: www.nccn.org. Accessed May 4, 2008.
- The management of malignant strictures of the bile duct.Curr Probl Surg. 1987; 24: 69-127
- Cholangiocarcinoma: The impact of tumor location and treatment strategy on outcome.Am J Clin Oncol. 2003; 26: 422-428
- Carcinoma of the extra-hepatic bile ducts: Review of the literature and report of six cases.Surgery. 1957; 41: 416-437
- Actual long-term outcome of extrahepatic bile duct cancer after surgical resection.Ann Surg. 2005; 241: 77-82
- Cholangiocarcinoma of the extrahepatic bile ducts.Semin Surg Oncol. 2000; 19: 156-176
- Current management of hilar cholangiocarcinoma.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1992; 75: 579-588
- Carcinoma of the gallbladder or extrahepatic bile ducts: The role of radiotherapy.Can Med Assoc J. 1978; 118: 59-61
- The role of adjuvant radiotherapy in microscopic tumor control after extrahepatic bile duct cancer surgery.Am J Clin Oncol. 2007; 30: 21-25
- Resectable hilar cholangiocarcinoma: Surgical treatment and long-term outcome.Surg Today. 2004; 34: 885-890
- Extrahepatic bile duct.in: Holland J.F. Frei III, E. Cancer medicine. 2nd ed. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1982 (1785–1990)
- Research in the results of resection of the hilar bile duct cancer.Surgery. 1990; 108: 572-580
- Cholangiocarcinoma: Clinical significance of tumor location along the extrahepatic bile duct.Radiology. 1995; 197: 511-516
- Combined modality therapy of extrahepatic biliary system cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1990; 18: 1157-1163
- Impact of ductal resection margin status on long-term survival in patients undergoing resection for extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.Cancer. 2005; 103: 1210-1216
- Perihilar cholangiocarcinoma: Postoperative radiotherapy does not improve survival.Ann Surg. 1995; 221: 788-798
The Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program, accessing SEER data. National Cancer Institute. Available from: www.seer.cancer.gov. Accessed January 10th, 2008.
- Hamilton S.R. Aaltonen H.L. World Health Organization classification of tumors: pathology and genetics of tumors of the digestive system. IARC Press, Lyon, France2000
The R Project for Statistical Computing. R version 2.8.1. R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2009. Available from: www.r-project.org. Accessed March 21, 2008.
- Management of proximal cholangiocarcinomas by surgical resection and radiotherapy.Am J Surg. 1990; 159: 91-98
- Radiation therapy for primary carcinoma of the extrahepatic biliary system: An analysis of 63 cases.Cancer. 1991; 68: 289-294
- The impact of radiation dose in combined external beam and intraluminal IR-192 brachytherapy for bile duct cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1994; 28: 945-951
- Carcinoma of the extrahepatic bile ducts: the University of California at San Francisco experience.Ann Surg. 1994; 219: 267-274
- Definitive radiation therapy in bile duct carcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1988; 15: 735-744
- The role of chemotherapy in the treatment of bile duct cancer.World J Surgery. 1988; 12: 105-108
- External-beam radiotherapy for localized extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 66: 772-779
- Benefits of adjuvant radiotherapy after radical resection of locally advanced main hepatic duct carcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 46: 581-587
- Radiotherapy is associated with improved survival in adjuvant and palliative treatment of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinomas.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74: 1191-1198
- Extrahepatic bile duct adenocarcinoma: Patients at high-risk for local recurrence treated with surgery and adjuvant chemoradiation have an equivalent overall survival to patients with standard-risk treated with surgery alone.Ann Surg Oncol. 2008; 15: 3147-3156
- Gastric cancer—New therapeutic options.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 76-77
- Chemoradiotherapy after surgery compared with surgery alone for adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 725-730
- Preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for resectable rectal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 638-646
- Radiation therapy is associated with improved survival in the adjuvant and definitive treatment of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 72: 1495-1501
- Concurrent chemoradiotherapy in resected extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 73: 148-153
- The role of radiotherapy in the management of extrahepatic bile duct cancer: An analysis of 145 consecutive patients treated with intraluminal and/or external beam radiotherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002; 54: 414-419
Conflict of interest: none.