- Machine Learning in Radiation Oncology: Theory and Applications.Springer International Publishing, Switzerland2015
- Fully automated simultaneous integrated boosted-intensity modulated radiation therapy treatment planning is feasible for head-and-neck cancer: A prospective clinical study.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 84: 3647-3653
- Increased organ sparing using shape-based treatment plan optimization for intensity modulated radiation therapy of pancreatic adenocarcinoma.Radiother Oncol. 2012; 102: 38-44
- Automatic treatment planning implementation using a database of previously treated patients.J Phys Conf Ser. 2014; 489: 012054
- Experienced-based quality control of clinical intensity-modulated radiotherapy planning.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 81: 545-551
- Dose response explorer: An integrated open-source tool for exploring and modelling radiotherapy dose–volume outcome relationships.Phys Med Biol. 2006; 51: 5719-5735
- Datamining approaches for modeling tumor control probability.Acta Oncol. 2010; 49: 1363-1373
- Radiomics: Extracting more information from medical images using advanced feature analysis.Eur J Cancer. 2012; 48: 441-446
- Radiomic feature clusters and prognostic signatures specific for lung and head & neck cancer.Sci Rep. 2015; 5: 11044
- Radiogenomics: Radiobiology enters the era of big data and team science.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 89: 709-713
- A genome wide association study (GWAS) providing evidence of an association between common genetic variants and late radiotherapy toxicity.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 111: 178-185
Yang WY, Moore J, Quon H, et al. Browser based platform in maintaining clinical activities: Use of the iPads in head and neck clinics. Phys Conf Ser 489 012095; doi:10.1088/1742-6596/489/1/012095. International Conference on the Use of Computers in Radiation Therapy, Melbourne, Australia, May 6-9, 2013.
Dekker A. Radiation oncology ontology white paper. https://dev-wiki.maastro.nl/display/ROO/White+Paper, http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ROO. Accessed November 15, 2015.
- Automatic medical encoding with SNOMED categories.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2008; 8: S6
- Case study for integration of an oncology clinical site in a semantic interoperability solution based on HL7 v3 and SNOMED-CT: Data transformation needs.AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc. 2015; 2015: 71
Marungo F, Robertson S, Quon H, et al. Creating a data science platform for developing complication risk models for personalized treatment planning in radiation oncology. 48th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Kauai, HI, Jan 5-8, 2015.
- A data-mining framework for large scale analysis of dose-outcome relationships in a database of irradiated head and neck (HN) cancer patients.Med Phys. 2015; 42: 4329
- Benefits of a clinical data warehouse with data mining tools to collect data for a radiotherapy trial.Radiother Oncol. 2013; 108: 174-179
- Pragmatic controlled clinical trials in primary care: The struggle between external and internal validity.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2003; 3: 28-34
- Pros and cons of pragmatic clinical trials.J Comp Eff Res. 2012; 2: 53-58
- Developing a national radiation oncology registry: From acorns to oaks.Pract Radiat Oncol. 2012; 2: 10-17
- Practice-based evidence to evidence-based practice: Building the national radiation oncology registry.J Oncol Pract. 2013; 9: e90-e95
McNutt T, Wong J, Purdy J, et al. OncoSpace: A new paradigm for clinical research and decision support in radiation oncology. Proceedings of the XVIth International Conference on Computers in Radiation Therapy, Amsterdam, Netherlands, May 31 to June 3, 2010.
- Vision 20/20: Automation and advanced computing in clinical radiation oncology.Med Phys. 2014; 41: 010901
- International data-sharing for radiotherapy research: An open-source based infrastructure for multicentric clinical data mining.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 110: 370-374
Services UDoHaH. Code of federal regulations. Title 45 Public welfare. Department of Health and Human Services. Part 46: Protection of human subjects: Retrieved 2/5/2011 at http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/humansubjects/guidance/45cfr46.html; 2009. Accessed December 22, 2015.
- Inconsistency and institutional review boards.JAMA. 1982; 248: 197-202
- Informed consent, comparative effectiveness, and learning health care.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 766-768
- An ethics framework for a learning health care system: A departure from traditional research ethics and clinical ethics.Hastings Cent Rep. 2013; 43: S16-S27
- The research-treatment distinction: A problematic approach for determining which activities should have ethical oversight.Hastings Cent Rep. 2013; 43: S4-S15
- Regulatory considerations for prospective patient care registries: Lessons learned from the National Neurosurgery Quality and Outcomes Database.Neurosurg Focus. 2013; 34: e5
Conflict of interest: Todd McNutt has funded collaborations with Elekta, Philips, and Toshiba. Kevin Moore has funded collaboration with Varian Medical Systems. The authors report no other conflicts of interest.
Harry Quon has funded collaborations with Toshiba and unfunded colllaborations with SAP.