United States Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999-2012 Incidence and Mortality Web-Based Report. US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Cancer Institute; 2015.
Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, et al. (eds). SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2012, National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD, http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2012/, based on November 2014 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER web site. Date accessed April 2015.
- Effects of radiotherapy and of differences in the extent of surgery for early breast cancer on local recurrence and 15-year survival: An overview of the randomised trials.Lancet. 2005; 366: 2087-2106
- Cause-specific mortality in long-term survivors of breast cancer who participated in trials of radiotherapy.J Clin Oncol. 1994; 12: 447-453
- Late cardiac mortality and morbidity in early-stage breast cancer patients after breast-conservation treatment.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 4100-4106
- Risk of ischemic heart disease in women after radiotherapy for breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 987-998
- Exposure of the heart in breast cancer radiation therapy: A systematic review of heart doses published during 2003 to 2013.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015; 93: 845-853
Joffe S, Truog RD. Equipoise and randomization. In: Emanuel EJ, editor. The Oxford Textbook of Clinical Research Ethics. Oxford University Press; 2008.
- Internal mammary and medial supraclavicular radiation in breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 317-327
- Regional nodal irradiation in early-stage breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 307-316
Conflict of interest: none.