Methods and Materials
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Long-term results of the M. D. Anderson randomized dose escalation trial for prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 70: 67-74
- Escalated-dose versus standard-dose conformal radiotherapy in prostate cancer: First results from the MRC RT01 randomized controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 475-487
- Dose-response in radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer: Results of the Dutch multicenter randomized phase III trial comparing 68 Gy of radiotherapy with 78 Gy.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 1990-1996
- Randomized trial comparing iridium implant plus external-beam radiation therapy with external-beam radiation therapy alone in node-negative locally advanced cancer of the prostate.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 1192-1199
- Comparison of conventional-dose vs. high-dose conformal radiation therapy in clinically localized adenocarcinoma of the prostate: A randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2005; 294: 1233-1239
- Prostate cancer radiotherapy dose response: An update of Fox Chase experience.J Urol. 2004; 171: 1017-1387
- Long-term results of the Dutch randomized prostate cancer trial: Impact of dose-escalation on local, biochemical, clinical failure, and survival.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 110: 104-109
- Advanced prostate cancer: The results of a randomized comparative trial of high dose irradiation boosting with conformal protons compared with conventional dose irradiation using photons alone.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1995; 32: 3-12
- The impact of brachytherapy on prostate cancer-specific mortality for definitive radiation therapy of high grade prostate cancer: A population based analysis.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 83: 1154-1159
- Survival outcomes of combined external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy versus brachytherapy alone for intermediate-risk prostate cancer patients using National Cancer Data Base.Brachytherapy. 2016; 15: 135-146
- Androgen Suppression Combined with Elective Nodal and Dose Escalated Radiation Therapy (the ASCENDE-RT Trial): An analysis of survival endpoints for a randomized trial comparing low-dose-rate brachytherapy boost to dose-escalated external beam boost for high- and intermediate-risk prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017; 98: 275-285
- ASCENDE-RT: An analysis of treatment related morbidity for a randomized trial comparing low-dose-rate brachytherapy boost with a dose escalated external beam boost for high- and intermediate-risk prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017; 98: 286-295
- SF-36 health survey update.Spine. 2000; 25: 3130-3139
- The MOS 36-item short form health survey (SF-36). Conceptual framework and item selection.Med Care. 1992; 30: 473-483
- Comparison of preference-based utilities of the Short-Form 36 Health Survey and Health Utilities Index before and after treatment of patients with intermittent claudication.Med Decis Making. 2002; 22: 403-409
- Analysis and interpretation of health-related quality of life data from clinical trials: Basic approach of The National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group.Eur J Cancer. 2005; 41: 280-287
- Methods to explain the clinical significance of health status measures.Mayo Clin Proc. 2002; 77: 371-383
- Meaningful change in cancer specific quality of life scores: Differences between improvement and worsening.Qual Life Res. 2002; 11: 207-221
- The interpretation of scores the EORTC quality of life questionnaire QLQ-30.Qual Life Res. 1996; 5: 555-567
- Non response, incomplete and inconsistent responses to self-administered health-related quality of life measures in the general population: Patterns, determinants and impact on the validity of estimates—a population-based study in France using MOS SF-36.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2013; 11: 44
- Dose escalation and quality of life in patients with localized prostate cancer treated with radiotherapy: Long-term results of the Dutch randomized dose-escalation trial (CKTO 96-10 trial).Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 79: 1004-1012
- Quality of life in patients with locally advanced prostate cancer given endocrine treatment with or without radiotherapy: 4-year follow-up of SPCG-7/SFUO-3, an open-label, randomised, phase III trial.Lancet Oncol. 2009; 10: 370-380
- Quality of life after radical radiotherapy for prostate cancer: Longitudinal study from a randomised trial of external beam radiotherapy alone or in combination with high dose rate brachytherapy.Clin Oncol. 2013; 25: 321-327
- Impact of radiotherapy when added to androgen-deprivation therapy for locally advanced prostate cancer: Long-term quality-of-life outcomes from the NCIC CTG PR3/MRC PR07 randomized trial.J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33: 2151-2157
The British Columbia Cancer Agency received unrestricted educational grants from Oncura corporation, a division of GE Healthcare, which manufactures the model 6711 125I RapidStrand sources used in this trial; and Sanofi-Aventis Canada, the maker of the Suprefact and Eligard luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone depot injections used in this trial. Without these grants ASCENDE-RT would not have been possible.
ASCENDE-RT (Androgen Suppression Combined with Elective Nodal and Dose Escalated Radiation Therapy) is a National Cancer Institute registered trial (NCT00175396).
Conflict of interest: none.