Materials and Methods
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Therapeutic management of brain metastasis.Lancet Neurol. 2005; 4: 289-298
- Brain metastases.Neurol Clin. 2003; 21 (vii): 1-23
- The concurrent chemoradiation paradigm–general principles.Nat Clin Pract Oncol. 2004; 4: 86-100
- Neurocognition in patients with brain metastases treated with radiosurgery or radiosurgery plus whole-brain irradiation: A randomised controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2009; 10: 1037-1044
- New and emerging HDAC inhibitors for cancer treatment.J Clin Invest. 2014; 124: 30-39
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors: Apoptotic effects and clinical implications (review).Int J Oncol. 2008; 33: 637-646
- Vorinostat in solid and hematologic malignancies.J Hematol Oncol. 2009; 2: 31
- Enhancement of radiation sensitivity of human squamous carcinoma cells by histone deacetylase inhibitors.Radiat Res. 2004; 161: 667-674
- Modulation of radiation response by histone deacetylase inhibition.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 62: 223-229
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors radiosensitize human melanoma cells by suppressing DNA repair activity.Clin Cancer Res. 2005; 11: 4912-4922
- Vorinostat, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, enhances the response of human tumor cells to ionizing radiation through prolongation of gamma-H2AX foci.Mol Cancer Ther. 2006; 5: 1967-1974
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors induce cell death and enhance the susceptibility to ionizing radiation, etoposide, and TRAIL in medulloblastoma cells.Int J Oncol. 2006; 28: 755-766
- Vorinostat inhibits brain metastatic colonization in a model of triple-negative breast cancer and induces DNA double-strand breaks.Clin Cancer Res. 2009; 15: 6148-6157
- Vorinostat, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, combined with pelvic palliative radiotherapy for gastrointestinal carcinoma: The Pelvic Radiation and Vorinostat (PRAVO) phase 1 study.Lancet Oncol. 2010; 11: 459-464
- Preservation of memory with conformal avoidance of the hippocampal neural stem-cell compartment during whole-brain radiotherapy for brain metastases (RTOG 0933): A phase II multi-institutional trial.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 3810-3816
- Cumulative incidence in competing risks data and competing risks regression analysis.Clin Cancer Res. 2007; 13: 559-565
- Nonparametric estimation for incomplete observation.J Am Stat Assoc. 1958; 53: 457-481
- A phase I-B trial of the radiosensitizer: Etanidazole (SR-2508) with radiosurgery for the treatment of recurrent previously irradiated primary brain tumors or brain metastases (RTOG study 95-02).Radiother Oncol. 2008; 87: 89-92
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy with the hypoxic sensitizer AK-2123 (sanazole) for reirradiation of brain metastases: A preliminary feasibility report.Anticancer Res. 2013; 33: 1773-1776
- Phase I trial of vorinostat added to chemoradiation with capecitabine in pancreatic cancer.Radiother Oncol. 2016; 119: 312-318
- Phase IIb multicenter trial of vorinostat in patients with persistent, progressive, or treatment refractory cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 3109-3115
- FDA approval summary: Vorinostat for treatment of advanced primary cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.Oncologist. 2007; 12: 1247-1252
- Single dose radiosurgical treatment of recurrent previously irradiated primary brain tumors and brain metastases: Final report of RTOG protocol 90-05.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 47: 291-298
This study was approved and funded by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network Oncology Research Program from general research support provided by Merck & Co, Inc.
G.R.H. and S.G.S. contributed equally to this work.
Conflict of interest: M.C.P.-S. is an employee of GlaxoSmithKline.